Norway Jobs
Ultimate Norway Job Hunting Guide
Find Your Norway Job

Job-seeking in Norway

Job-seeking from abroad:


European Employment Services (EURES)1)


• Contact EURES in your home country for more information about Norway.

• Visit the EURES web sites: and


Job vacancies on the Internet

• In Norway the majority of job vacancies are advertised on the Internet.


NAV Callcentre EURES .

• Gives you information about job vacancies over the telephone. It will be an advantage to know where in Norway you wish to look for work and what kind of job you would like before contacting NAV.

o Tel.: +47 800 33 166
o E-mail:


Job-seeking in Norway:


• The employment service in Norway is called “NAV”

• NAV's job centres offer job listings, PC/Internet, telephone/fax and photocopying for use in job-seeking

• You have the right to register as a job-seeker with NAV. Contacting companies directly.
• You can register with private temping and recruitment agencies. To locate these, see (Search for “recruitment services” (“rekruttering”)).

• Feel free to contact companies directly by e-mail or phone. You can also send an open application, with your CV and references.


Recognition of foreign qualifications

• See


General information:

If you intend to work in Norway for more than three months, you will need a resident permit. In Norway, you can apply for a residence permit from the police at your Norwegian place of residence or at the Service centre for foreign workers in Oslo, see
A fact sheet about residence permits is available in several languages from the Norwegian Directorate of Immigration, see

• The majority of Norwegian employers require proficiency in a Scandinavian language or at least in English. For more information about Norwegian language training, contact the local authority at your Norwegian place of residence.

• If you work for a Norwegian employer in Norway you are entitled to the same pay and the same terms of employment as Norwegians. For more information about rights, see, tel.: (+47) 815 48 222

• Once you are employed in Norway you will need a ‘skattekort’ (tax deduction card) and a personal ID number or a D number. Contact the nearest tax office at your Norwegian place of residence or the Service centre for foreign workers in Oslo. See or Tel.: 800 80 000 or +47 22 07 70 00 from abroad.

• For further information about job-seeking and living and working conditions in Norway, see

1) EURES (EURopean Employment Services) is a network of labour market authorities in all the countries belonging to the EEA that promotes the mobility of labour.


Source: Nav


Norway Jobs


Related Articles:

Living Conditions in Norway

Norway Currency and Prices Information

Norway Visa And Work Permit Information

Service Centre for Foreign Workers in Norway

What Type of Work Permit Should I Apply for in Norway?

Work in Norway: Before You Start Working